Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

garyY7
Frequent Visitor

Unable to setup a refresh schedule on Power BI report server Portal

Hi All, an error message box popped out and said "An error has occurred. Somenthing went wrong. Please try again later. and keep Loading... when I try to assign the scheduled refresh to the dashboards. I can still create the new schedulers but when I try to change the current scheduled refresh or create a new scheduled refresh. The error message will be popped out.

4 REPLIES 4
garyY7
Frequent Visitor

Hi @AvinashPentyala ,

I know the folder path, which log file you would like to share with? and the datasource  is connected to the SQL server. for the current siutaton. we setup the schedule to refresh the dashboard and the data is connected by SQL command. it will refresh and call the SQL and get the real time data.

AvinashPentyala
Frequent Visitor

Hi @garyY7 

Can you please check  try below

1. Restart Power BI report server and check the logs

2. Check your user priviallges, your are part of Administartor role

3. re-redeploy PBIX file and see

Hi @AvinashPentyala ,

Thank you for response! I have tried to restart the report server and may I ask which log information should I check for this case? The user privileges should be fine. All are using Admin right. I have also reupload the pbix file or upload a new pbix file. Also get the same error...

you can find logfiles where report server is installed.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\<<Instance>>\LogFiles

Also, can you please confirm datasource is created in import or direct mode? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.