Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

niyati_61
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Report Server Schedule Refresh Not Working

Hello @d_gosbell,

FYI: I'm using Power BI Report Server (Jan 2022) Version. We got it by purchashing SQL Server Enterprise Edition with SA.

I've uploaded a report to the Report Server Web Portal. I've added the data source credentials and then set it on schedule refresh daily as you can see below.

niyati_61_0-1700283052631.png

Question, everyday the schedule refresh is successful - it says 'Completed Data Refresh', but the issue is when I open the Power BI Report, the visuals data is not actually refreshed. I have to open the Query Editor and set it on a manual refresh and then save the report. 

This is becoming a hassle as the client requires for the report to be refreshed daily. I'm not sure what exactly the issue is. Kindly let me know what the issue could be, and how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

How are you "opening" the file? Are you clicking on it to view it in the browser or downloading it to Power BI Desktop? In Report Server it always downloads the same version of the file you uploaded. But if you view the report in the browser it will contain the refreshed data.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

How are you "opening" the file? Are you clicking on it to view it in the browser or downloading it to Power BI Desktop? In Report Server it always downloads the same version of the file you uploaded. But if you view the report in the browser it will contain the refreshed data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors