Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dev_S
Regular Visitor

Paginated Report doesnot work in power BI service

Paginated report pointed to a test works fine in Report builder and Power Bi service but when i change the server to QA it only works in local. IN powrer BI service if i open the report its throwing the below error.

Dev_S_0-1710418961935.png

The gateway is up and running. I have similar reports running fine connecting to the same gateway and SQL DB as source in the QA workspace.

One thing i find different is the credentials im setting to "Not to use any" but its getting changed by itself to "Windows authentication"

Dev_S_1-1710419118292.png

Could someone please guide me how to resolve this issue?

@GilbertQ @lbendlin 

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dev_S 

As far as I am aware you cannot use Kerberos to connect from the Power BI Service to the data source. This is because Kerberos only exists in On-Premise sources.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dev_S ,

Since the gateway appears to be running and other reports are functioning correctly, it's less likely to be a gateway availability issue. However, it's worth verifying that the gateway is indeed configured correctly for the QA environment. Ensure that the data source settings within the gateway match those required by your QA server.

On-premises data gateway - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

It's important to check if there are any domain or organizational policies that might enforce this change. Additionally, review the data source settings in the Power BI Service and the gateway to ensure they are aligned with your requirements.

Since the report works in the test environment but not in QA, there could be differences in how the report is configured or how it interacts with the data sources in these environments. Double-check the report's data source configurations when pointed to QA, ensuring that all connections, queries, and settings are correctly aligned with the QA environment's requirements.

I have also found a helpful post, please refer to.

Solved: Error connecting to Data Source - Microsoft Fabric Community

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.