Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DerMainzer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Page Break within a group

Dear Team,

I have a simple Table with one group over 2 rows.

My Problem now is that the export to pd creates a page break with a group. 

I've also tried to put it into a rectangle, but that didn't make no difference.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance24-07-_2023_13-30-51.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you click on your table then click on the "Details" Row Group at the bottom of the screen there are some advanced properties in the pane on the right. I think if you choose the "KeepTogether" property and set this to True it should try and keep all the detail rows for the same record on the same page.

ReportBuilderKeepTogether.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mycwidms
Advocate II
Advocate II

The way I got it to work is to turn entire row group into the sub report and then in the sub report have a table with all the data needed for display. Keep together seems to only work for 1 row.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

No, I've just been using it since it was first released in 2003, so I've got a little bit of experience. 🙂

DerMainzer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Seriously.... Are you the inventor of this program? You helped me twice perfectly - thank you so much.

Do you offer courses? If not - maybe you should create a "best of tricks in Paginated Reports" and sell that on UDEMY or so. I would buy it within a second!

DerMainzer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey,

thanks for the quick response, unfortunately I've tried all these settings with and without a rectangle and it doesn't change the breaking point.

There "should be" a point to say: "if possible keep group on one page" or something like that.

Any other idea?

Kinde regards,

Tim

Hi,

Could you please check the group on which the Page Break option was added.

The page break should be applied on Parent Group with "RoadMaps Target" column.

(Click "View" then check "Grouping").

Hi,

yes, I've tried the page break on the group and on the row.

the problem in this is (you can't fully see it in the picture) that the GROUP [4. Energy & Decarb.] gives back 10 different entries in the sharepoint list. The page break in the picture above is in the 3rd item of the group, that's why a page break on the group itself doesn't work, the values are all withn this group, it's just another item.

Does that make sense? I hope my explaination is not too confusing, I'm not a native speaker.

Very kind ragards and thanks again, 

Tim

26-07-_2023_07-44-02.jpg

If you click on your table then click on the "Details" Row Group at the bottom of the screen there are some advanced properties in the pane on the right. I think if you choose the "KeepTogether" property and set this to True it should try and keep all the detail rows for the same record on the same page.

ReportBuilderKeepTogether.png

Hello,

this does not seem to work. When all groups exported to the page, some groups will break exactly how it is shown on the question. In my case I have 4 rows in the group and I tried everything without any luck. What is the proper way to set this setting?

KVRKarthik
Frequent Visitor

Hi DerMainzer,
For report builder page break option, you can check the following link.

Add a page break to a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | Micros...

Check on which group this property is being applied in paginated report.

Regards,
KVRKarthik.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.