Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sshaarma1

Not able to assign item permissions to user from BI reporting services

Hi,

I am new to Power BI Report server and I installed the Power BI Report Server 2017 evaluation edition. While assigning any item roles like Catalog Manager, Browser etc I am receiving an internal error. In the logfile the following error is present:

ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: Wrong number of tasks found for roleBrowser, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details.

Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Sarika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue was fixed by un-installing and re-installing sql server and power BI on the machine. I did some mistake last time while configuring a database for the report server.

Thanks

Sarika

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarika - is this a new or upgraded catalog (that was migrated from an earlier version of SSRS or PowerBI Preview)?

Hi Jon,

I am trying to assign view folder permission on the home folder and sub folders of local admin user to a standard user to avoid the error I am receiving while accessing report service as the standard user. When I login as a non admin user I am receiving this error "You are not allowed to view this folder. Contact your administrator to obtain the necessary permissions."

Thanks

Sarika

The issue was fixed by un-installing and re-installing sql server and power BI on the machine. I did some mistake last time while configuring a database for the report server.

Thanks

Sarika

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.