Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with power bi report server august update.

Hello All,

Recently(in May 2018) we moved to the SQL Server enterprise edition 2016.

We have successfully established our production environment with power bi report server march 2018 update.

As on 16 august, we have a new august updated report server, so i downloaded and upgraded from march 2018 powerbi report server desktop to august 2018 powerbi report server desktop.

But while i am trying to save the reports on to server, it giving me error as cant save the report. Tryied multiple times but still no luck.

Then i checked from our portal website and tried to download the powerbi report server desktop version then it has showed me the previous version only i.e march 2018 version.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I donwloaded and again reinstalled the march version, then i am able to save my reports onto the server.

can any one please clarify me that, is it with SQL Server ENT 2016 version or for every new update, i have to update the report server also alon with report server desktop.??

Please help.

Mohan V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you send me a screen shot of the help about box from your server? Also have you tried clearing your browser cache?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Looks like the fwd link is not updated yet, we'll get it taken care of today. In the meantime you can use this link to download the updated August Edition of Desktop for PBIRS.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57270&WT.mc_id=rss_windows_allproducts

Can you try it now and let me know if your still seeing this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgmeyer still getting the same issue.

Capture2.JPG

Can you send me a screen shot of the help about box from your server? Also have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgmeyer Issue is resolved by clearing cache and installing report server executable file.

Thanks,

DaveW
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes every PBIRS release has a matched PBIRS desktop version to edit and upload new and edited reports onto the Report Server

It is best that you download it through the Report Server downloads page independently from the Report Server drop down list.

It looks like the link from the server URL is still pointing to the March release download.  Not sure how that gets updated though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.