Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phbansal

Exporting Data from Power BI Report to SQL Server Database Table

I want to export data from my Power BI Report on Power BI web service into SQL Server Database Table. How can I achieve it without exporting data first into Excel. I want to use Python script for exporting data from my Power BI Report on Power BI web service into SQL Server Database Table. How can I connect to Power BI Report using Python.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Lots of things going on here. You posted this in the Report Server section. Note that the Power BI data in Report Server is already in a SQL Server database.

If you mean Power BI Service then be aware that a Power BI Semantic Model can be accessed via SSAS commands (for example from SSMS or from PowerShell).  You can use the standard SSIS packages to do an Export-Import from the SSAS Tabular instance to the SQL Server database.

Having said all that - you're likely holding the problem wrong.  Instead of exporting from Power BI you should export from the original data source directly into the SQL Server.

Thanks Ibendlin, 

Yes, you are right, I mean Power BI Service. I want to export data from report published on Power BI web service into SQL Server Database Table. I don't know the source for this report. I just have that report as a source and I need to export that data into SQL Server table using Python scripts. Can I connect with Power BI Service using Client_ID, Client_secret and token_id?

Thanks Ibendlin for sharing Semantic link in Microsoft Fabric.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.