Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

_Urs_
Frequent Visitor

Bug with Power BI Desktop January 2024 - Save SSAS-Live Connection Report as .pbit looses Measures

Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - January 2024), Version 2.124.1960.0, looses all Report Level Measures when saving the Report as .pbit File. This behaviour exists only for Reports with a Live Connection to SQL Server Analysis Services and the Measures are added as Report Level Measure inside the Power BI Report.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
_Urs_
Frequent Visitor

Short Update:

The Bug is currently under investigation at Microsoft.

1. The Report Level Measures are not shown, when Power BI Desktop is not logged on with your Power BI service User Account ("Sign in" Button on top right of PBI Desktop).
  2. The Report Level Measures "magically" reapear when you create a new one manually.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have News from Microsoft.

View solution in original post

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally.Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It has just been confirmed that the Bug will be fixed with the May 2024 Release.

5 REPLIES 5
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally.Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It has just been confirmed that the Bug will be fixed with the May 2024 Release.

_Urs_
Frequent Visitor

Short Update:

The Bug is currently under investigation at Microsoft.

1. The Report Level Measures are not shown, when Power BI Desktop is not logged on with your Power BI service User Account ("Sign in" Button on top right of PBI Desktop).
  2. The Report Level Measures "magically" reapear when you create a new one manually.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have News from Microsoft.

_Urs_
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much @d_gosbell . You are right, I meant Report Level Measures. I have adjusted it accordingly in the text.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

That possibly sounds like a bug - you should probably raise a support ticket with Microsoft. But the description sounds confusing. You cannot save measures inside the model when connected to SSAS in live connection mode, you can only save report level measures. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.