Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MVenables
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dataset missing when connecting to it from Excel

Hi,

I have been trying to connect to a dataset through Excel as per below

MVenables_0-1713783482035.png

There is a certain dataset that i can not see, but last week it was working for me and i could connect to it. 

I am set as admin in the workspace and i have cleared my cache data, signed out. Revoked my PBI Pro license then set it back up again and the certain dataset i am looking for is not appearing still. My collegues can see it and still connect to it and all the access and permissions are the same. Any help or ideas would be great thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amustafa
Super User
Super User

Can you check these settings in your Power BI Admin portal? This has to be done by the global admin.

amustafa_0-1713881078215.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amustafa
Super User
Super User

Can you check these settings in your Power BI Admin portal? This has to be done by the global admin.

amustafa_0-1713881078215.png

HI, these are enabled as per above. We are looking internally some more now as it maybe a security measure in place. We just don't understand why its specifically this dataset it is affecting. Thanks, Michael

MVenables
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found an old post from last year, stating that this was a bug that needed fixing before. Could it be thats it has happened again?
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Bug-Excel-Power-BI-Datasets-is-showing-Blank-pane-t... 

amustafa
Super User
Super User

Can you try using the "Analyse in Excel" option from PBI service Semantic model?

Hi, it looks like i can access it this way, thank you for that. I have tried again by going through Excel and it still isn't on there this way. Any idea why this would be?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors