Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi all ,

We have noticed your problem, this problem is mostly related to the environment, usually anti-virus and code integrity conflict, or webview2 should be upgraded, you can refer to this document below.

Resolve startup issues with Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the problem still exists, you need to collect logs for further troubleshooting.Since community support engineers don't have that access, I would suggest opening a Support Ticket. And a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Drocha

There is a problem with webview2

Versão: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (dezembro de 2022)

Aldrin06
Regular Visitor

Still, error on WebView2 in Power BI Interface

FLM_87

I'm experiencing the same issue on Power BI, encountering the 'problem with WebView 2 + out of memory' message. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Saitlhaj

Hi,

I have 50 data sources in power bi and each time I launch the update it takes several hours and it never finishes loading so it works if I update source by source, I think there is a bug in updating.

Can you help !!

tyl

Restarting the software fixed the problem.

Mallikanayak

I'm getting ana error saying 'There's a problem with webview2' for all my dashboards. Please help. 

tsursh

I am also facing the same issues 

tsursh_0-1706769433023.png

Chiralito

Hello I am experiencing the same problem, it happen often after my computer turn to sleep and my powerbi desktop is open.

I am working on win 10 

Chiralito_0-1706811627638.png

lbendlin
Super User

Canceling a Windows restart will invariably crash all open Power BI instances. The very reason of canceling the restart was to save these files !!!

DWagner317
Regular Visitor

Chiming in as I have recently encountered this issue as well. It initially occured when I had one Power BI report open as I attempted to open a recovered file. Receieved an adjacent 'Out of Memory Exception' error in parallel with this issue. 

DWagner317_0-1708533654984.png

Consequently each time I reopen and try to restore another one of these files, it appears to become corruputed, and appears with a filename of 'Untitled' after each subsequent failed attempt to recover, reuslting in a Web View 2 crash. Once they are labeled 'Untitled' they become inaccessible and I am forced to abandon and disregard these files.

DWagner317_1-1708533959822.png

I'm on an Azure Virtual Machine using Power BI Desktop when this occurs.