Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Multiple Refresh schedules in single report

I have a report which is created by using mutiple datasets. There is a dataset which I want to be refreshed only once in a week but rest I want it to be refreshed daily. As of today during report refresh it will refresh all the datasets daily. The dataset which I want to be refreshed on a weekly basis has much more data and we want it to be refreshed only once in a week. 

Hi  @ndeshpande4 

How do you create a report using multiple datasets? As far as I understand, a report can only be created from one dataset. So there is no such thing as saying that the content of a report can be set to different refresh frequencies depending on the different datasets in it.
There is also a possibility that the content of your report comes from different data sources, so you want to set different refresh frequencies according to the data sources. But this is not possible. This is because different data sources generate the same semantic model in the end. The schedule refresh setting is for a single semantic model. So there is no such thing as a single report that can set multiple scheduled refresh tasks.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @ndeshpande4 

How do you create a report using multiple datasets? As far as I understand, a report can only be created from one dataset. So there is no such thing as saying that the content of a report can be set to different refresh frequencies depending on the different datasets in it.
There is also a possibility that the content of your report comes from different data sources, so you want to set different refresh frequencies according to the data sources. But this is not possible. This is because different data sources generate the same semantic model in the end. The schedule refresh setting is for a single semantic model. So there is no such thing as a single report that can set multiple scheduled refresh tasks.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao