Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Export only extracts 300 rows on Summarized Data, File Format .csv

Hi there,

I have a noticed a recent issue where people are trying to use the export via the Summarized Data and the File Format .csv 

It says it has a limit of 30,000 rows but on any export it only retrieves the first 300?

Can this be investigated please?

This issue has been fixed. Please update Power BI Desktop to the latest version and re-export.

Comments
olszykn
Frequent Visitor

@foodd It looks to be the same verison number that i have. the store is disabled within my organization. i guess will wait until October 2023 update.

JonathanJoestar

POWER BI Desktop has been updated to the latest version (2.121.903.0) on September 25, 2023, but will using this resolve the issue?

2023-09-28 084400.jpg

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

foodd
Super User

@JonathanJoestar,  

It appears to be fixed on the version of Power BI Desktop from the Microsoft Store. 

In all good things and those that seem to come from the dark shadows of the PBIDESIGNHOUSEOFHORRORS, user due diligence is required.

Successfully exported 2134 rows as CSV.   Screenshots below:

foodd_0-1695861980910.png

foodd_1-1695861981014.png

foodd_2-1695862002095.png

Danielveloso
Regular Visitor

Hi Team,
Here in Brazil it has also presented data problems, limiting it to 300 lines. Does anyone have a Microsoft service forecast? This problem has been occurring since September 12th.

Preformatted
NellyZhang

@Danielveloso I saw someone said this issue was fixed in the latest PBI  Desktop version (2.121.903.0) on September 25, 2023. I just tried, yes, this issue is fixed, but I am using Version: 2.121.942.0 64-bit (September 2023)

Imtiazzp

If you're experiencing an issue with Power BI exporting summarized data to a .csv file and it's only retrieving the first 300 rows despite the limit being set to 30,000, there are a few troubleshooting steps and considerations to investigate the problem:

1. Data Limitations:

• Verify that the dataset you are exporting actually contains more than 300 rows of data. Ensure that your visualizations are based on data that exceeds the export limit.

2. Export Settings:

• Check the settings in the "Export data" option in Power BI. Make sure that you have selected the appropriate options, including the "Summarized data" option.

3. Data Model Complexity:

• Complex data models, calculations, or transformations in your report may impact the export process. Simplify the report or consider exporting the data differently (e.g., exporting raw data).

4. Browser Compatibility:

• The behavior may vary depending on the web browser you are using to access Power BI Service. Try different browsers to see if the issue persists.

5. Service Limitations:

• Power BI Service might have certain limitations on data export, and these limits can change over time with updates to the service. Check the official Power BI documentation or release notes for any changes to export limits.

6. Licensing:

• Ensure that you have the appropriate licensing for exporting data. Some features, like exporting data beyond certain limits, may require specific licensing (e.g., Power BI Pro, Premium, or Premium Per User).

7. Report Interaction:

• The behavior might also depend on how you are interacting with the report. Try exporting data from different visuals or pages to see if the issue is consistent.

8. Contact Support:

• If the issue persists after checking the above factors, consider reaching out to Microsoft Power BI Support for further assistance. They can investigate the issue more thoroughly and provide guidance specific to your environment.

9. Check for Updates:

• Ensure that you are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop for report development, and check if there are any updates available for Power BI Service.

By investigating these factors, you can narrow down the cause of the issue and determine whether it's related to your report configuration, data, or a potential bug in the Power BI Service. If the problem persists, contacting Microsoft Support is recommended for a more in-depth investigation and resolution.