Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Desktop possible bug preventing selecting relationship line in model view

In Power BI Desktop Model View I have trouble hovering over a relationship line between two tables. When I hover over a line a different line highlights, sometimes two lines over. In the image below, if I hover over or try to select either of the two bottom lines I can only select or highlight the second line down down from the top, the currently green line in the image. However, I can hover over the top line and it works as it should. The orientation of the lines, vertical or horizontal, does not matter. Some are further apart and it happens. Nothing changes if I zoom in or out and I am using the current update for October. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution?

mmathewson_0-1698689361623.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi  @mmathewson 

I tested what you said, I created 2 relationships and when I mouse over the relationship, the one highlighted is the one selected by the mouse. You can refer to what I did. My Desktop version is 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023).

Recording 2023-11-01 at 09.47.04.gif

Or you can provide your sample(remove sensitive info) for reference .

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @mmathewson 

I tested what you said, I created 2 relationships and when I mouse over the relationship, the one highlighted is the one selected by the mouse. You can refer to what I did. My Desktop version is 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023).

Recording 2023-11-01 at 09.47.04.gif

Or you can provide your sample(remove sensitive info) for reference .

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

MorranP

Hi, I have the same problem as @mmathewson in a model with around 20 dim tables and 4 fact tables.

fr_jc
Advocate I

yes me too and it is frustrating as I think i am changing a relationship or worse deleting finding after it is the wronmg one.