Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dataset refresh error on Service

Hello Team,

My Power Bi dataset is not getting refreshed from yesterday. I have found out the issue is with Dataset that contains the Power Bi Dataflow (Legacy) connection sources.

It is throwing the error as "Access token has expired, resubmit with a new access token.". However, there is no issue when we go ahead with Power Bi desktop refresh.

The issue is not only with one dataset. The issue reasons are changing time to time. The same datasets were OKAY till yesterday evening GST.

Attaching the error messages for your reference.

shabeer_1-1688631321024.png

shabeer_0-1688631280120.png

Best Rag,

Shabeer M P

Hi @shabeer 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
RobNilsen
Regular Visitor

This exact issue is affecting my company as well.

BruceT
Regular Visitor

Microsoft,  could you confirm this the same issues we are having Snowflake

We are having problems with both the dataflows and the Snowflake connector on the OPDG,   seeing access token has expired in the logs.

Access token has expired, resubmit with a new access token

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Access token has expired, resubmit with a new access token"}},{"code":

cscofield122
Regular Visitor

Hi @shabeer 

My company is experiencing the same dataset refresh error. 

It would be appreciated if MS could provide the users an update!

Regards,

CS

CollinCrossie
Regular Visitor

This is Day 3 of this issue for us. We're experiencing no improvements. Dataflows seem to be refreshing fine. Datasets & Datamarts are not refreshing showing "Access Token Expired". We are running on a Premium Per User license for one workspace and Pro on the others. We're also using a separate workspace for Microsoft Fabric trial. Those Fabric Gen 2 Dataflows are not refreshing either and show the same access token error.

Originally, we thought this might be a Power BI Legacy Connector issue, so we rewrote some reports to just use Power Platforms Dataflows. No improvement.
We have also rolled back our Gateway versions all the way back to February and April. No improvement. 

BrentWiliams
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  Our issues started around 5pm EST yesterday.

mroark
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft ,

We have many datasets unable to refresh from this and it is stifling our business processes.  Any update on cause/work around/resolution?

Thank you.

grace_wanou
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. It has been 3 days failing on the same error. Manual refresh  in the service works just fine but not scheduled refresh. 

mroark
Regular Visitor

I see this update on the issue, Microsoft says we all are imagining it i guess is how I interpret it?  
https://admin.microsoft.com/#/servicehealth/:/alerts/PB639236

Kanagaraj0488

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The column 'S.No' of the table wasn't found."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"S.No"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: JULY 2023.
Cluster URI: WABI-INDIA-CENTRAL-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 55b6714d-a3ae-cbaa-3405-2c7a75783e82
Request ID: 72587b3d-cf92-4be5-ef29-81f2e31ebb06
Time: 2023-07-14 05:07:56Z

Need Help on this error

Sudheer_pathela

@Kanagaraj0488
The issue is with the Column "S.No" from Table "JULY 2023", it might be deleted from the source..
You need to get the column in the source.. 
{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The column 'S.No' of the table wasn't found."}},
 {"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: JULY 2023.