Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Cannot load model

Good day,

My organization is currently facing an issue with the latest April Update.

farmdev_0-1714643708723.png

The report is located in my workspace and shared with users who are all Premium per user.

The users can access the report fine when using the web browser.

The only fix I have found so far is to roll back to a previous version of desktop.

Unforunately, this prevents the users from making full use of the latest feautres of the software.

Has any one else encountered this issue?

I've tried logging a support ticket with Microsoft but I get this error message when I visit the URL:

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

farmdev_1-1714643708714.png

The version of Power BI in use is Version: 2.128.1177.0 64-bit (April 2024)

The only fix that has worked thus far was to roll back to a previous version for another user (I will have to get that version number later).

All reports are stored in my workspace on the Power BI service and users have read, build and share permissions. Older versions of PBI and the web service can access the reports fine, the error message only comes up with the April 2024 version.

As mentioned before I do have a Power BI Premium per user license, but am unable to create a support ticket due to the error that I receive above.

Hi  @farmdev 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @farmdev 

The screenshot you provided is not clear enough to determine the error message, please provide a more detailed error message. Also, how did you update Desktop? Did you update it directly through Microsoft App, or did you uninstall the original Desktop and download the latest installer to install the update?

vyetao1msft_0-1714703579939.png

Best Regards,

farmdev
Regular Visitor

Good morning.

This is literally the only error message received.

Power BI is updated automatically through the Microsoft App.

Users currently get through by uninstalling the store app and downloading the older version from Microsoft

https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/8/0/880BCA75-79DD-466A-927D-1ABF1F5454B0/PBIDesktopSetup-2...

The users previously had access to the report and the dataset.

They can still log in to the web service and access the dataset but are not able to access through Power BI April 2024 update.

No permissions were changed.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @farmdev 

Currently our Desktop has been updated to 2.128.1380.0 64-bit (April 2024) . 

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

You can let users update to the latest version and test it. Note: You need to uninstall the original version and download the installer to install it.

Best Regards,

farmdev
Regular Visitor

Hello

Thank you for advising.

I will try this and will get back to you.

farmdev
Regular Visitor

Good morning.

The latest version, 2.128.1380.0 64-bit (April 2024), did not work for me.

I also tried the March 2024 version (2.127.XXX) and got the same error.

With the version pictured below, we're able to connect to the dataset in the Power BI service.

farmdev_0-1715085428716.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @farmdev 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,

farmdev
Regular Visitor

I'm happy to know I'm not crazy!!

I look forward to your update.

Thank you 🙏

SaiTejaTalasila

Hi,

Please check whether they have two versions of Power BI Desktop on their machine. Right-click on any of the .pbix files and click on 'Open with.' This will show you whether they have two versions of the app or not.