Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

BUG::PIPELINE::TEAMS ACTIVITY::SETTINGS NOT SAVED

ISSUE:

0__drop a Teams activity on the design surface.

1__configure the settings properly.

2__save the pipeline.

3__click on any other activity and do stuff.

4__click back on the Teams activity and go to its Settings pane --> all the settings you specified previously are gone and you are now presented with this and have to redo your work again and again and again... I think you get the point:

Screenshot 2024-04-16 223952.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So here is what happened now... I opened the pipeline again and upon clicking on each Teams activity and navigating to the settings, all the settings showed up as set yesterday.  

Then I did this.  I clicked on a Teams activity in the same pipeline that was copy/pasted from another pipeline (and that pipeline what copy/pasted from another workspace--I forgot to mention this yesterday).  So, when I click on this Teams activity, none of the settings show up as they are in that other workspace pipeline.  That's fine.  

But then, if I click back on the Teams activity that was created within the pipeline I am currently working on, and whose settings just showed up as I had set them yesterday, now they show up as not set, like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 163824.jpg

So I think this is a client Javascript issue. Because like I said above, when I re-opened the pipeline today, the settings were all there as when I had set them yesterday.  And now, after switching the focus back and forth between 2 Team activities (one natively created within the current pipeline, and one copy/pasted from another pipeline from another worskpace)) the settings appear gone again.  I suspect after I save the pipeline, close it, and re-open it later, the settings will show as set properly again.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Element115 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
As mentioned in the above steps, I created a repro. But I did not face any issue as you have mentioned.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1713372300529.png

vnikhilanmsft_1-1713372343960.png

vnikhilanmsft_2-1713372449116.png

The changes are still there.

vnikhilanmsft_3-1713372477905.png

Hence this is not a bug. Please try again and let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks

What happens if you leave the pipeline design surface without closing the pipeline and go back to the workspace and open another pipeline, for example?  And then navigate back to the first pipeline and go to the Teams activity settings?  Do they still load automatically as you configured them?

Yes I tried that just now @Element115 
There is no issue. The settings are same as before.

OK then the only factor left is the length of time I do not log out from Fabric and leave everything open.  In your case, I guess that since you use it for testing, you log in and out the same day, flushing everything.  

Hey @Element115 
Even I do not log out from Fabric. It has been logged in from Day 1. I never logged out.
Please try again and let me know.

EDIT:  No idea what the different user error message is all about as it always was the same and only user.

Here's what happens now after deleting the activities copied over from the other pipeline and adjusting the settings of ALL the Teams activities on the design surface:

Save action is rejected by the system because it claims some settings are missing!!!  Just to be clear: I just finished specifying all the settings.  So now I cannot save and I have to restart everything!!

Screenshot 2024-04-17 175748.jpg

Fine, so I open the Teams activities again and sure enough, this is what it looks like:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 180209.jpg

More inconsistencies in Settings UI and expression builder:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 172241.jpg

But the main take away is that all this started once I copy/pasted multiple Teams activities from another pipeline created in a different workspace.

And this issue too is still there, namely the Message has been defined with text + interpolated variables, but the variables don't show up in the Message field even though when you open the expression builder , they are there in the proper position--IMHO all these issues are somehow linked to some client Javascript problem:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 170852.jpg

So here is what happened now... I opened the pipeline again and upon clicking on each Teams activity and navigating to the settings, all the settings showed up as set yesterday.  

Then I did this.  I clicked on a Teams activity in the same pipeline that was copy/pasted from another pipeline (and that pipeline what copy/pasted from another workspace--I forgot to mention this yesterday).  So, when I click on this Teams activity, none of the settings show up as they are in that other workspace pipeline.  That's fine.  

But then, if I click back on the Teams activity that was created within the pipeline I am currently working on, and whose settings just showed up as I had set them yesterday, now they show up as not set, like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 163824.jpg

So I think this is a client Javascript issue. Because like I said above, when I re-opened the pipeline today, the settings were all there as when I had set them yesterday.  And now, after switching the focus back and forth between 2 Team activities (one natively created within the current pipeline, and one copy/pasted from another pipeline from another worskpace)) the settings appear gone again.  I suspect after I save the pipeline, close it, and re-open it later, the settings will show as set properly again.

Hi @Element115 
Thanks for the feedback. I have informed the internal team regarding this. If this is a bug, we will definitely fix it. But I couldnt find any issue at my side when I did the repro.
Thanks

I don't know if I mentioned it, but yesterday I also started using multiple Edge profiles concurrently.  It shouldn't matter, but if it is a client/Javascript issue, perhaps there's a connection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors