Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

BUG::PIPELINE::EXPRESSION BUILDER::INTERPOLATION

ISSUE (gremlins are very busy today):

0__drop a Teams activity onto the design surface.

1__in Message section, type some text, then click on View in expression builder to open the pipeline expression builder.

2__at various locations of your choosing, insert some system variables by clicking on the variable names in the pane below the editor.

3__note that the '@' symbol is automatically inserted at the very start of the whole string AND NOT in front of each function call: Screenshot 2024-04-16 224857.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Element115 ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @Element115 ,

Currently this is an expected behaviour, we can observe the same functionality in Azure Data Factory too.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

I will. But how could this be expected behavior (I read this statement as this is how it was designed on purpose)?  How could this be since it breaks the code?  After the wrong interpolation, the editor flashes an error message.  That looks more like a bug than a feature, wouldn't you say so?

Hi @Element115 ,

I appreciate for your feedback, as Team is continuously working on many areas and features, these are some minor cases needs to be handled. However once you share feedback in feedback channel, which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you.

I have done so.

Why do you say this is a minor case?  It results in breaking the code as evidenced by the error message produced by the Expression builder since only the '@' symbol is interpolated and none of the '{' and '}'.  

Hi @Element115 ,

Thanks for your time and sharing this feedback. Lets wait for team to look into it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors