Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sdfabric
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any capability in fabric to expose Warehouse/Lakehouse data as REST API

Is there any capability in fabric to expose Warehouse/Lakehouse data as REST API ?

7 REPLIES 7
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdfabric 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

The Microsoft Fabric Rest API offers endpoints for CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations related to a Fabric item. Specifically, for the Lakehouse.

For more information please refer : Manage lakehouse in Microsoft Fabric with REST API

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft , I am looking for exposing data in tables/views or output of procedures in Warehouse/Lakehouse as a REST API for consumption. If the feature is not there, will it be included in near future ?

Hi @sdfabric 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

The Microsoft Fabric REST API primarily facilitates the management and automation of the Lakehouse itself, rather than exposing Warehouse/Lakehouse data directly for querying purposes.

For reference please refer : Tables - List Tables - REST API (Lakehouse) | Microsoft Learn.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

Hi @sdfabric 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft , We want an in-house capability of Fabric to expose its One Lake (Warehouse/Lakehouse) Data as REST API using Governance and this is not yet resolved. We can use SQL endpoint & then own custom coding to do it but that's not what Fabric offers. Any help in this regard will be extermely helpful.

Hi @sdfabric 

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Microsoft Fabric does not currently offer a native feature to expose OneLake data directly as REST APIs.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our Microsoft Fabric Ideas. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Hi @sdfabric 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query got answered. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.