Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Somnathj12

User defined table ingestion from JIRA to Power BI

I have one question, I had a user defined table inside the Jira story - description section , how I bring this table's data inside power BI ? I didnt find any related fields from Jira work management, I choosen description field from there. After successful connection establishment from JIRA to PowerBI when I pull the description column inside power BI only text information is appearing, table's data is not appearing at a glance view . when I copied the column data from Power BI and paste in note pad to see actualy what is happening then came to know that table's data is coming but format is different, something appended before and after every records , something like markup language. Please find the attachment for your reference. Could you please help me out.

User defined table in JIRA -

User defined table.PNG

After loaded into Power BI it is appearing like below-

Appearence in Power BI.PNG

Also sometime it will be coming like below also after loaded into Power BI -

image3.PNG

My main objective is - if any user is create a table inside JIRA (Story/issue) description section, this table I want to load inside Power BI with a proper format so, that this table's data I can use for further visualization/reporting purpose.

Thanks,

Somnath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Somnathj12 ,

According to your question, we don't have the corresponding JIRA data source for testing, but from the screenshot of your question, if you ensure the connection string is correct, this is the current PBI product supports connecting to this JIRA data source and then obtaining the data inside the PBI for conversion, if you insist on using this data source, you can consider using some of the If you insist on using this data source, you can consider using some spilt and other PQ functions to bring up the data, and then do further conversion operations.

Split a column of text (Power Query) - Microsoft Support

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Somnathj12 ,

According to your question, we don't have the corresponding JIRA data source for testing, but from the screenshot of your question, if you ensure the connection string is correct, this is the current PBI product supports connecting to this JIRA data source and then obtaining the data inside the PBI for conversion, if you insist on using this data source, you can consider using some of the If you insist on using this data source, you can consider using some spilt and other PQ functions to bring up the data, and then do further conversion operations.

Split a column of text (Power Query) - Microsoft Support

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.