Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Davidet76

JIRA REST API with on-premise authenticated server

Hello

JIRA REST API in enabled in my JIRA  private on-premise server. If a log in the jira server in a web browser and put the link with the rest api,  i can see "a lot - a lot" of text with valid information. The isse arises when I try to retrieve this information with power BI.

I am using the code explained in this web with the  advanced editor in pwer query:

https://yeiei.net/es/consultas-directas-a-jira-desde-power-bi/

But I get a 400 error. I believe the example in the web is based in an opn/public JIRA instance and my query is failing because is rejected by the JIRA authentication.  If I want to configure a basic JIRA authentication to get the results with the advanced editor code. How and where I can do it? I read about curl, but pasting curl in the advanced editor is not working, maybe because Power BI doesn¡t know abouty curl.

any method within the advanced editor to connect to the JIRA REST API and authenticate with basic level (user and password)?

2 REPLIES 2
PBIINSANE
Frequent Visitor

Hello! Did you resolve your problem with authentification? I have the same issue and would be interested to know is there any solution for that.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Davidet76 ,

Power BI Jira Connector - Coding Free REST API Integration | ZappySys

Please refer to this.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.