Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hzahrnt
Frequent Visitor

Sync slicers and bookmark – How to leave out sync slicer from bookmark?

Hello Everbody,

I have a problem regarding the combination of sync slicers and bookmarking. I want to use bookmarking to reset slicers on page 2. However, by doing so also a sync slicer from page 1 gets set back - but I want to keep that sync slicer. I tried with applying only "selected visuals" - but this is not working. And, I tried deselecting “data” in the bookmarks pane – also this is not working as I need to keep “data” in order that my slicer from page 2 gets set back.

Below, I have inserted to pictures that show my page 1 with the syncing slicer and page 2 where I apply another slicer. All relevant elements including the problem are illustrated there.

In short

- On page 1 there is a slicer for several cities. This slicer syncs page 2

- On page 2 there is:

- a card showing the selected city name

- a slicer to select an indicator (e.g. population)

- a visual showing the time series of the selected indicator for the selected city

- a button to clear the filter. I only want to clear the indicator slicer from this page 2.

Problem: When clicking on the button the sync city slicer from page 1 also gets set back.

I am looking very much for any ideas because I have tried and searched a lot - but unsuccessful.

Thank You!

page1.PNG

page2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hzahrnt,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve the feature currently, I suggest you submit an idea in Ideas forum. You may submit a feature request on idea. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hzahrnt
Frequent Visitor

Hello Everbody,

I have a problem regarding the combination of sync slicers and bookmarking. I want to use bookmarking to reset slicers on a page. However, by doing so also a sync slicer from another page gets set back - but I want to keep that sync slicer. I tried also with applying only "selected visuals" - but this is not working.

Below, I have inserted to pictures that show my page 1 with the syncing slicer and page 2 where I apply another slicer. All relevant elements including the problem are illustrated there.

In short

- On page 1 theree is a slicer for several cities. This slicer syncs page 2

- On page 2 there is:

- a card showing the selected city name

- a slicer to select an indicator (e.g. population)

- a visual showing the time series of the selected indicator for the selected city

- a button to clear the filter. I only want to clear the indicator slicer from this page 2.

Problem: The sync city slicer from page 1 also gets set back.

I am looking very much for any ideas because I have tried and searched a lot - but unsuccessful.

Thank You!

page1.PNGpage2.PNG

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hzahrnt,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve the feature currently, I suggest you submit an idea in Ideas forum. You may submit a feature request on idea. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your testing and suggestion to post an idea.

In the meantime I have rearranged my report.

Best,

Helge

Hi @hzahrnt,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.