Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Arrelialp

Stack columns

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to using Power BI and I'm taking my first steps.

I would like to stack these columns by day by placing the cities for day 1 on top of each other. The same for day 2, and so on.

I'm just working out how it looks. In other words, I'm seeing the different invoices by city for day 1, and then for day 2.
I want to see the different invoices by stacking the 3 different cities, for day 1, then for day 2, also stacking the three cities, and so on.

How should I do this? Can anyone help me?

Picture_Asking_Help.jpg

I'd like to do something like this

Help_2.png

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Arrelialp Sorry it is not clear, maybe it will be easier if you put a sample pbix file and share it using one drive/google drive. Make sure to remove the sensitive information before sharing. Thanks!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Arrelialp what is the issue? seems like you have more than 3 cities for day 1. what you are referring to 3 cities only? Currently it is showing all the cities for the selected day.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

It's showing the invoices for the selected day, but I want it to AGGREGATE the invoices for a city. Put them all together. Then group together the invoices from the 2nd city, placing them all together, and finally from the 3rd city, placing them all together. Each city will have a different colour, showing the slices that correspond to the invoices.
Have you understood what I'm trying to say or not yet?

P. S.: I only have 3 cities. What you're seeing are the different invoices per city.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Arrelialp ok, you have to explain what is not working? Share some sample data with the expected output. 

As you can see in the image, I have different colours for the invoices on a particular day of the month (in this case it's day 1). This image is not what I want.

I want to group all three cities together in a stacked column (each with its own colour) so that I can see the different invoices for the 3 cities for day 1.

In other words, the stacked column will have the 1st city with the respective invoices. Then, in the same column, the 2nd city, now in a different colour, will have its invoices. And finally the 3rd city, third colour, in the same column, with its invoices.

Help3.jpg

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Arrelialp yes you can only have one column in the legend. This is how that visual works. 

So putting the City column in the legend field doesn't work

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Arrelialp you have to use the city column in the legend well. Thanks!

Hello, thank you very much for your reply.

The legend only lets me enter one field, either Invoice_ID or City. It doesn't allow both at the same time

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.