Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

skv17
Helper II
Helper II

Skip Weekends when adding date

I have two column - Start Date and Days required to deliver.

So if Start Date is 13/10/2023 which is on a friday and Days required to deliver is 2,so I need a new column called Arrival cut off date which should give me 17/10/2023 which excludes weekends and excludes counting the Start Date as 1st day. so Monday is 1st day and Tuesday 17th is 2nd day.

and during weekdays just add without exclution - so if start date is 10/10/2023 and Days required to deliver is 2 then Arrival cut off date which should give me 12/10/2023 which excludes the current date.

so I need to create a custom column in Power BI M query, not able to get a correct solution for this, please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

Please check attached pbix for more details.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

Please check attached pbix for more details.

Thank you so much!!!  this works ,

one more question - how to a set another parameter in the same m query , where there is a column delivery days and its values are 

Mon-Fri , Mon-Sat,Mon-Sun,Mon-Thu,  Tue-Sat .  and skip other days based on these parameters,
So Mon-Sat - skip sunday , mon- thu - skip friday, saturday and sunday. 

I didn't quite understand you, show the expected result in Excel

start end days requiredDelivery daysarrival cut-off date 
13/10/2023 2Mon-Fri17/10/2023
13/10/2023 2Mon-Sat16/10/2023
13/10/2023 2Mon-Sun15/10/2023
18/10/2023 2Tue-Thu23/10/2023

like the calculations that you have done was excluding weekends , so based on the delivery days column it is Mon-Fri,  so based on what I set a condition I set for the row value which i set in the backet SQL , that is if column value is x then Mon-Fri if column value is y then Mon-Sat

So if Column value has Mon-Fri skip counting sat and sun , if Mon-Sat skip sunday 

your calculation logic is incomprehensible to me

Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

or this

List.Select(
List.Generate(()=>
 [Start Date],(x)=>x<=Date.AddDays([Start Date],[Day]*5),  (x)=> Date.AddDays(x,1)), (x)=>  not (Date.DayOfWeek(x) =5   or Date.DayOfWeek(x) =6 or x=[Start Date])){[Day]-1}
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

and try this

List.Max( List.Range( List.Select(
List.Generate(()=>
 [Start Date],(x)=>x<=Date.AddDays([Start Date],[Day]*5),  (x)=> Date.AddDays(x,1)), (x)=>  not (Date.DayOfWeek(x) =5   or Date.DayOfWeek(x) =6 or x=[Start Date])),0,[Day]))

Screenshot_5.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.