Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

automate2create
Regular Visitor

Show multiple slicer headings above table

Hi there

I have a table and a slicer that work correctly together.  The slicer values are dates e.g. 2000, 2001, 2002 etc.  If I select multiple dates on the slicer, that table changes accordingly.

I want to display the chosen multiple dates from the slicer above the table but I can't find a way to do this without pushing the table data down.  Is it possible that the slicer values can be displayed horizontally maybe and how?

What are my options for displaying the selected slicer headings above my table?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

You can use the CONCATENATEX  function for this, it will append all the values, whatever those might be which in your case is the selected years. the formula will look something like this.

Display Selected Years = CONCATENATEX(ALLSELECTED('Dates'[Years]),[Years],",")

I created a little sample and this is what it looks like, I use a card visual to display the list of selected dates from the filter

Capture.PNG

Hope I understood your problem correctly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi

You can use the CONCATENATEX  function for this, it will append all the values, whatever those might be which in your case is the selected years. the formula will look something like this.

Display Selected Years = CONCATENATEX(ALLSELECTED('Dates'[Years]),[Years],",")

I created a little sample and this is what it looks like, I use a card visual to display the list of selected dates from the filter

Capture.PNG

Hope I understood your problem correctly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.