Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

juanfgonzalez
Employee
Employee

Share your thoughts on the new Power BI Home in Desktop (preview)

Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new Power BI Home in Desktop feature so we can continue to improve.

For example:

• Have your content discovery capabilities improved with the new recommendation section and quick access list?
  • What changes would you like to see?
  • If you turned off the preview switch, why?
  • Any suggestions for additional settings or capabilities?

Thanks,

-Power BI team

To read more about the feature, see the announcement in the Power BI Product Blog 

31 REPLIES 31

Hi @juanfgonzalez - I still have a requirement to see all and search for all SharePoint sites and/or Libraries.  At the moment I am still restricted to recently used.  I would like to see the SharePoint site and libraries that I am following.

Thank you so much for the feedback, this is currently in the backlog

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@juanfgonzalez  FYI

I am trying to Save a pbix file in Nov 2023 release of Power BI.  This is first time save (i.e. to save Untitled file to path/name.pbix).  Clicking Save opens the following panel:

DarylLynchBzy_0-1701853316999.png

From the drop down list for "Recent Locations", I cannot see the Path, OneDrive or SharePoint Library where I want to save the file.

So I clicked on "More Options"...

Unfortunately, this is taking back to the "Home" page to open previous file.

DarylLynchBzy_1-1701853508719.png

This is the experience with the 

DarylLynchBzy_2-1701853592802.png

If I watch closely, I can see a screen similar to "Save As" appear, then it quickly disappears to open the "Home" screen.

I found an work around to use Save As Copy, but then I need to close the current "Untitled" to open the Save As version.

Hi @juanfgonzalez - thank you for fixing this issue.  It is now navigating to the "Save As" screen.

Thanks to you for providing us the feedback and letting us know about this issue. 

andrewpirie
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey Juan, the full screen slide-in, slide-out motion effect is a little straining. Perhaps this is due to me being a little tired today, but would it be possible to make the slide animation more subtle like PowerPoint does where it doesn't slide across the entire screen?

GPChierentin
Regular Visitor

Please, insert a dialog confirmation on "Sign out"...   =]

Thanks for sharing. Could you elaborate a bit more on the scenarios in which you are experiencing issues with the 'Sign out' button?

Of course, when you click by accident! Hehe

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

selfish suggestion:  I want a button that takes me directly to the "Enter Data"  dialog. 

This is a great suggestion, we are considering this on the product team. Thanks for sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.