Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yhuang1
Frequent Visitor

Remove all the automatically generated relation

Hi there,

I have many data loaded, and the desktop automatically generate the relationship between them. I guess it is too late to change the setting so that when you load new data it will not auto generate the relationship since they are already in the model. I can click the link and 'delete' it one by one, which is time consuming. I searched and found an MS article mentioned that one should be able to press control key and click the link to select multiple links, then delete them altogether, but I tried and it didn't work. Any idea?

yhuang1_0-1680189533490.png

2 REPLIES 2
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @yhuang1 

You can manage how Power BI treats and automatically adjusts relationships in your reports and models. To specify how Power BI handles relationships options, select File > Options and settings > Options from Power BI Desktop, and then select Data Load in the left pane. The options for Relationships appear.

pranit828_1-1680190241964.png

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Thanks, but as I mentioned, data has been loaded already, changing the setting is too late. It only applys to newly loaded data. I tried to uncheck the "Autodetect new relationships after data is loaded", and all the links already built are still there. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.