Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

arimoldi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Refresh Slicer Selection

Hi,

I ahve a dataset like this one:

CATEGORYAREA
A1
A2
A3
B4
B5
C6
C7
C8
C9

and two slicers one with CATEGORY and the other one with AREA, so that when I select a specific category I can see in the AREA filter the related values.

The problem is that when I change the filter from one category to another in the AREA filter it remains selected the last filter from another category making blank all the graphs in the page.

Is there any way to refresh the AREA slicer every time a value in the CATEGORY slicer is selected?

Thanks,

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not really, slicers selection can only be reset by a user action, either by clicking them or through a bookmark that resets their state. So a workaround you can do is precisely that, enable a button to reset that particular slicer or either force the user to erase whatever is in AREA with an Apply all slicers button (this will cause the user to prepare all the selections first and once they are ready, click on Apply all slicers and the data will get filtered)

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @arimoldi 
You can achieve a similar desired result in 3 ways :

1. Using a slicer's "eraser" :

Ritaf1983_0-1715352581687.png

To have this option the header should be "on" :

Ritaf1983_1-1715352674878.png

2. you can add a "clear all slicers" button

Ritaf1983_2-1715352837389.png

3. you can use 1 slicer with hierarchies instead of 2 separate ones:

Ritaf1983_4-1715352962976.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

Not that I can think of automatically. A possible workaround is to design that slicer as a hierachized slicer, meaning that you will have A > 1,2,3;  B > 4,5 ; C > 6,7,8,9

I tried, but in that case I have the problem that if I click on one category all the area are selected and this should not happen; if there is a way to avoid this that solution would be fine.

Not really, slicers selection can only be reset by a user action, either by clicking them or through a bookmark that resets their state. So a workaround you can do is precisely that, enable a button to reset that particular slicer or either force the user to erase whatever is in AREA with an Apply all slicers button (this will cause the user to prepare all the selections first and once they are ready, click on Apply all slicers and the data will get filtered)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.