Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

QUESTION::MATRIX VISUAL::SORT BY

PBID Version: 2.128.1380.0 64-bit (April 2024)

A couple year old report opened with the above version of PBID allows me to sort a Matrix visual by more than one row field, like so:

Screenshot 2024-05-15 211406.jpg

So why is it, still using the same PBID version, when I create a new Matrix in a different report, now I can only select one row field, and not more than one?

Has something changed, or is there a glitch in the matrix (pun intended!, it's the end of a long day) 😎?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Element115 ,

Using the left mouse button, click on the Row field and it will be sorted by the hierarchical field that was expanded before you clicked on it to display the following:

vyangliumsft_0-1715914342631.png

If you want to display multiple columns sorted in table visual, you need Shift + left mouse button.

Solved: Matrix multiple Sort columns - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Element115 ,

Using the left mouse button, click on the Row field and it will be sorted by the hierarchical field that was expanded before you clicked on it to display the following:

vyangliumsft_0-1715914342631.png

If you want to display multiple columns sorted in table visual, you need Shift + left mouse button.

Solved: Matrix multiple Sort columns - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ah right!  Sorry, mut have been too tired that day. For some reason I thought we could do it from the contextual menu.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.