Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

abbas707

Power BI Screening / Interview Question

Dear Experts,

Firsly apologies but it would be big big help as i am going through hard times. I would need your expert inputs related to below screening questions i got for a Power BI Position. i am a reports developer worked on SAP BO and recently started to work on Power BI but still not matching to that level. i have been actively looking for jobs for months and having hard time by getting rejected for PBI positions i dont know if i am missing alot. Now i am taking it as if its my last chance. Appreciate your help on the below as i havent worked on complex projects yet or complex DAX (worked on day to day financial / sales reports). i am planning to go for full blown PBI training but need something which can give me complex assignment projects from trainers. This is what i got from the company:

1. Can you explain a complex Power BI project you've worked on, detailing the challenges you faced and how you overcame them?

2. Describe how you have used DAX in your previous projects. Can you provide an example of a particularly challenging measure or calculation you implemented using DAX?

3. Can you describe your experience with Power BI, including the versions or features you are most familiar with?

4. How do you stay updated with new Power BI features and data analysis trends? Additionally, can you share how you applied a new feature or trend in a recent project?

5. In your opinion, what are the best practices for designing user-friendly and impactful Power BI dashboards?

This would be a big help. Kindly dont think  as if i am taking an easy way here but i know i can get alot of ideas and input from here to get me through the next stage. 

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Mustafa,

Thanks for your reply Yes, I do have trainings in my pipeline. Also getting an opportunity which i hope getting into next stage. Since market is very much competitive yet fluctuating. Any help with screening answers would be a great support.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amustafa
Super User
Super User

Hi @abbas707, So you already have the experrience in developing report for SAP data. Learning Power BI is easy. I recommend that you go though the online self learning and try to pass the PL 300 exam to get you going. Apply same reporting skills with the data are already familier with and use Power BI to build dashboards. 

Microsoft Certified: Power BI Data Analyst Associate - Certifications | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Dear Mustafa,

Thanks for your reply Yes, I do have trainings in my pipeline. Also getting an opportunity which i hope getting into next stage. Since market is very much competitive yet fluctuating. Any help with screening answers would be a great support.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.