Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI- Cassandra Connectivity

Hi Community,

I am connecting Power BI Desktop to Cassandra which is installed in local machine via Datastax connector.

Now according to the requirement, Cassandra is maintained in a VNET and Power BI needs to be connected to it.

I have following set of questins regarding to the scenerio-

1. How do I connect PBI desktop to Cassandra sitting in VNET?
2. Once I get data in PBI desktop, create the report and published the report to service, do I need a seperate connector or certificate for PBI service connectivity to Cassandra?
3. For data refrsh in such scenerio, how can we set up the gateways, should it be in local machine or in the VNET where Cassandra in installed

Looking for some great ideas.

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, my computer doesn't have this kind of environment and can't do more testing. You can see if this blog can help you:

https://cassandra.netlify.app/post/running-cassandra-with-linux-on-azure-and-accessing-it-from-node-js 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.