Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LakiCG
Frequent Visitor

Percentage of change with 2 data slicers

Hi,

I have a scenario with two data slicers. The first data slicer filters data for the current period, the second one for a previous period. By editing visual interactions I got this works at the same page.

Now I want to calculate percentage change between two values and this is a point where I have a problem - my % of change is always 100 or 0. How can I solve this? Please see a screenshot below.

This is how I calculate "number of transactions (# of Transactions):

# of Transactions = COUNT(Report[ProductID]) - for the current period
# of Transactions PP = COUNT(Report[ProductID]) - for a previous period period

These two measures are sliced with two different data slicers and the resultsare 1,990 / 2,787. Now I want to calculate % of change. I tried with: 

% Change = 1 - DIVIDE([# of Transactions],[# of Transactions PP])

I understand why a result is 100% ut I don't know how to fix it (I need both data slicers on he page).

dashboard.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
LakiCG
Frequent Visitor

I made some changes but still don't right result. i made two date columns - each for both date slicers, and I calculated First Date and Last Date for each date range. The percantage change is still wrong.

# of Transactions = CALCULATE(COUNT(Report[ProductID]),DATESBETWEEN(Report[Date],[Start Date],[Last Date]))

# of Transactions PP = CALCULATE(COUNT(Report[ProductID]),DATESBETWEEN(Report[Date PP],[Start Date PP],[Last Date PP])) - previous period (second slicer)

% Transaction Change = ([# of Transactions]/[# of Transactions PP]) - 1

HI @LakiCG,

I think these timeline slicers are use same source column with different interaction to effect measures, right?

If this is a case, power bi not support to get different result from same datasource column at same time.

Please duplicate a table with same relationship and use this table as source one of timeline slier to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.