Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AmudhaKumaran
Helper I
Helper I

PBIX reports comparison

I'm trying to find the differences between 2 PBIX reports (measures, visuals, filters, etc.,). I have validated the models using ALM toolkit. Is there any simple option to compare 2 PBIX reports as I have many files to be compared? Any quick response would be of great help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

No need to convert anything. Open the pbix with your ZIP viewer of choice, or unpack it with Powershell.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

No need to convert anything. Open the pbix with your ZIP viewer of choice, or unpack it with Powershell.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are already doing the comparison via ALM Toolkit.  Is that not simple enough?

You can run custom TMSL code if you like Tabular Model Scripting Language (TMSL) Reference | Microsoft Docs

For visual level comparisons you can unpack the .PBIX files (they are ZIP archives) and compare the "Report"  sections.

lbendlin_0-1618437383662.png

Especially the Layout file

lbendlin_1-1618437442407.png

Use a JSON parser for that.

Hi Ibendlin

Thanks for your quick response. I have converted my PBIX file to a Zip file. But when I double click, I'm not able to get into the below view.

AmudhaKumaran_0-1618481940264.png

Am I missing something here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.