Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Roodakker
Frequent Visitor

One of my dimension tables won't connect to the facts table - Relationship problem?

Hi, 

I have a table showing historical statuses made in a process. I've imported a staffing file to be able to filter out the cases handled by work titels. The oranged-out columns "E-mail" and "Status changed by" are both e-mail adresses that perfectly match so this is what I used for creating the relationship. One to Many - from Staffing table to Status history table. 

Somehow it won't work anyways. Can anyone please help me solve this? 

Roodakker_1-1706802442740.png

Roodakker_2-1706802706816.png

The other relationships going from Staffing is the same kind of relationship, but connecting to 4 different processes. 

Roodakker_3-1706802893141.png

Thank you for helping me out, 

Ronja

8 REPLIES 8
mlsx4
Super User
Super User

Hi @Roodakker 

Relationship seems to be properly done. Even cardinality.

Are you sure, your problem is not in some filtering in the report or the measures you may have defined?

Thank you for checking, so frustrating.. 

There is no filtering or measures used on either the visuals or page 😞 

And what fields are you trying to show or are you using?

Roodakker_0-1706804744942.png

Hi @Roodakker 

I have replicated your scenario and it is working perfectly.

mlsx4_0-1706807029585.pngmlsx4_1-1706807056492.png

mlsx4_2-1706807194478.png

I would suggest you to check in Power Query and trim both columns, be sure that both are same type (text) and even delete the relationship and create it again. As you can see it is working for me.

Thank you for testing a replicate of my issue. I tested all of your suggestions and even removed the query and added it again. Still won't work. 

As you say, it should work, but somehow it doesn't.. 

Have you tried to isolate the two tables? I mean, try them without any other relationship/filters, etc. And then add, step by step the other relationships. I don't really know what is happening, but I think the only way you'll find the problem is by leaving the basic and then try to reach what you have now. That is, a kind of "debugging"

Thank you for your suggestion! I have now isolated the problem, but still don't know why and how I can solve it. 

The dimensiontable works perfectly fine until I add my Calenderauto table and mark it as "Calender table". If I don't mark it as Calender table the relationships still work, but as soon as I mark it the connection breaks. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks! 

/Ronja 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.