Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kipi_bi
Frequent Visitor

OR Filter with Power BI

I have a task to create a OR Slicer, Means if I pick any Region and City , the output should be OR type, I get all the rows with either Selected City or Region, in order to solve this problem I created 2 tables using values (one for region and one for city, tables starting with the word slicer ) and after that I have used below DAX, BUT I am not able to get the OR effect, it gives me AND effect,

I should be able to see other states with East region but it gives me the only one which is selectedOr Filter.pngOr Filter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kipi_bi
Frequent Visitor

This helped me 

I had to make unconnected tables here, Slicer Region and City tables with only column

OR Solution = IF( SELECTEDVALUE('Slicer Region Table'[Region])= MAX(Orders[Region])||SELECTEDVALUE('Slicer city Table'[city])= MAX(Orders[City]),1,0)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kipi_bi
Frequent Visitor

This helped me 

I had to make unconnected tables here, Slicer Region and City tables with only column

OR Solution = IF( SELECTEDVALUE('Slicer Region Table'[Region])= MAX(Orders[Region])||SELECTEDVALUE('Slicer city Table'[city])= MAX(Orders[City]),1,0)

kipi_bi
Frequent Visitor

Basically in my case I am trying to slice the detail table on the basis of condition rather than acting on a single measure, hope I am clear @TomMartens ,thanks again

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @kipi_bi ,

implementing OR filtering is explained by the people from sql.bi in this article: Using OR conditions between slicers in DAX - SQLBI

Hopefully, this provides you with some ideas of how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

hi @TomMartens 
I had seen this link already but could not get the answer, here is my file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BQSu5XEM7yaaYCDcY1KmepbSaAe73ies/view?usp=sharing , it will be great if you can see what went wrong, thanks in advance 

Ritz

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.