Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

VaronM
Regular Visitor

Need Excel Graph like functionality

Currently this is what my visual looks like.

The dates on the x axis are continuous. The data has begun from 1st Apr and continued on to May now.

VaronM_0-1714710328151.png

Whereas in excel, there is a functionality to show data as below. It gives a better comparison of this month status vs last month(s). In the below graph, current status of April can be compared to previous months of Feb and Jan and even previous Financial years. 

VaronM_1-1714710460260.png

Any way possible for POWER BI to give me the same functionality?

5 REPLIES 5
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @VaronM 
Change the date format to simple date instaed of Monday 02 may 2023 ike this short this format 

Uzi2019_0-1714710933036.png

then you can see the chart 

Uzi2019_1-1714710959683.png

I hope It may resolved your issue.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Hi @Uzi2019 

As you can see below, I am getting the Column tools option. Is it only available in Premium services?

Secondly, in your visual, a drill up might solve my problem. However, if you check my excel graph that I shared, the previous month shows a total data along with current month date wise data. Its not only Monthwise data. Hope I could make my query more clear. 

VaronM_0-1714711594156.png

Hi @VaronM 

As you can see below, I am getting the Column tools option. Is it only available in Premium services?

No does not need any Premium service . for creating a report license is not required .

for you undertanding sharing again a proper screenshot.

Uzi2019_0-1714712248792.png

2)
I got your problem. Unfortunetly no such option is supported in power bi that has date in X axis in various level like total qtr, total month then date wise on same line.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Hi @Uzi2019 ,

I found the Column Tab. Thanks a lot.

Yes, you're right, I need the X axis of Date in various levels. 

I am checking other forums as well. Will let you know if something comes up. Because Perofrmance measurement makes sense if its compared to your previous months as well. 

Thanks again!!

Hi @VaronM 
Sure , do let us know if you can find a similar solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.