Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nerdyplayer
Frequent Visitor

Is there a visual for tabbing table view?

I have a sharepoint list with multiple line text columns.

Right now, my dashboard is ugly. it's 1 giant page full of tables with headers.

I really want to make displaying the information better, and trying to get any inspiration for how to do that.

Part of me was wondering if there is a visual where there are tabs to select and display the table within it.

Of course any other ideas would be appreciated too, even when I look at it, I feel i'm looking at the arc of the convient. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MNedix
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes, there is, but not exactly an out-of-the-box solution. You can use bookmarks and build your own "tabbed cards"

View solution in original post

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Like MNedix suggested, you can do bookmark buttons to show/hide visuals, but my preferred method is to use field parameters to control what columns are in the table. What I'd do is add the key important columns everyone will want directly to the table, then create a field parameter for the remaining columns and add them all to it. Then drop the field parameter into the table visual. Then, the user can check boxes to select which additional columns they want to add to the table according to what they need. You can do this for measures, too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Like MNedix suggested, you can do bookmark buttons to show/hide visuals, but my preferred method is to use field parameters to control what columns are in the table. What I'd do is add the key important columns everyone will want directly to the table, then create a field parameter for the remaining columns and add them all to it. Then drop the field parameter into the table visual. Then, the user can check boxes to select which additional columns they want to add to the table according to what they need. You can do this for measures, too.

MNedix
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes, there is, but not exactly an out-of-the-box solution. You can use bookmarks and build your own "tabbed cards"

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.