Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cpatte7372

Is It Possible the Data for The Reports Shown in Microsoft Report / Themes Gallery

I'm very new to creating reports and dashboards with Power BI. 

One of the ways that I think would shorten my learning curve is by recreating reports located from Microsofts Theme Gallery

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Themes-Gallery/bd-p/ThemesGallery

Can someone let me know if it's actually possible to get the sample data used to create the reports?

Regards

Carlton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cpatte7372 ,

I checked a few sample reports and dashboards and basically no pbix files are provided. You may be able to contact the creator of the report or dashboard directly, perhaps they will provide the pbix file or data directly. However, please be careful to respect the author's wishes and privacy, after all, this is not an officially provided sample but a user-created sample, and they may not be willing to provide data.
Or you can follow along with the samples in this official documentation, which are provided directly with the pbix files, and it will also directly tell you the download link of the sample data used in the sample, so you can download and try to create it by yourself:
Get samples for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cpatte7372 ,

I checked a few sample reports and dashboards and basically no pbix files are provided. You may be able to contact the creator of the report or dashboard directly, perhaps they will provide the pbix file or data directly. However, please be careful to respect the author's wishes and privacy, after all, this is not an officially provided sample but a user-created sample, and they may not be willing to provide data.
Or you can follow along with the samples in this official documentation, which are provided directly with the pbix files, and it will also directly tell you the download link of the sample data used in the sample, so you can download and try to create it by yourself:
Get samples for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.