Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

automate2create
Regular Visitor

Gauge visualisation using %

Hi there

I have some data displayed in a gauge.  I want to show the values, maximum value and then the values also shown as a percentage.  It doesn't seem possible to do this.  Is it possible or do I need a different gauge visualisation?

You can see my two efforts.  Effort 1# I can create the percentage as a separate card below the gauge but it looks messy.  I would like the 5183 to be moved to the end of the 'blue value' and be the same size as the 5524.

Effort 2# I can also apply % to my gauge but then I lose the values of 5183.

Any ideas would be appreciated otherwise, it looks like I will have to go with the first effort 😕

automate2create_0-1672306870349.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @automate2create ,

For this you can add the value has the target and then show the target value has the maximum value.:

MFelix_0-1672327657225.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
automate2create
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much!

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @automate2create ,

For this you can add the value has the target and then show the target value has the maximum value.:

MFelix_0-1672327657225.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

automate2create
Regular Visitor

Thanks Miguel, the problem with doing that is that I lose the call out value altogether.  I still need the call out value to show 5,183 but in smaller font so I have also made a card for the 5,183  and it looks ok.  Bit of a faff but its better than not having it.  Do you or anyone else know of a better way thatn making a second card?  Thanks for your help.

automate2create_0-1672326550659.png

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @automate2create ,

The maximum and minimum on the gauge chart are based on the values of the chart itself so if you are placing a % and then have a min of 5000 the values don't appear on the chart.

Why don't you aplly the values on the gauge has you have on the first but then turn off the callout value and place the card percentage on the midle you just need to set up the formatting of the card

MFelix_2-1672313002262.png

MFelix_1-1672312959136.png

Be aware that my values only go to 100 that's why the percentage is the sasame has the value

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.