Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Kellef
Helper I
Helper I

Export data - disable summarized data and underlaying data

Hello,

i want to disable an option while im exporting data from a matrix/table, i only want to have the option: Data with current layout and not the other 2 options. Is it possible to disable them ?

Kellef_0-1712927256424.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kellef 

Much thanks to @Ritaf1983 and @AnalyticsWizard for the prompt replies on where to change the export data settings. This setting is a report-level setting so it will affect all visuals in a report. 

The Data with current layout is only available for Matrix visual. The granularity of data exported to Excel using the Data with current layout and Summarized data options are identical and the only difference between the options is the shape of the data in Excel. Power BI does not offer the granularity to disable "Summarized data" and "Underlying data" while leaving "Data with current layout" enabled.

As of now, achieving the exact customization you're looking for (disabling "Summarized data" and "Underlying data" while enabling "Data with current layout") is not directly supported through Power BI's built-in settings. I recommend providing feedback to the Fabric Ideas Forum, as this could be a valuable feature enhancement.

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Hello,
yes, unfortunately I've already tried the ones they comment on below. That's not what I'm looking for, I'm looking to be able to only display, export data "with current layout".

AnalyticsWizard
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Kellef 

Hello!

To limit the export options for a report in Power BI, you'll need to adjust the settings in the Power BI service or in Power BI Desktop where the report is being published. Here's how you can limit the export data options:

1. In Power BI Service:
- Go to the workspace where your report is published.
- Select the report to open it.
- Navigate to the 'File' menu, then click on 'Settings'.
- Under the 'Export data' section, you will find options to control the data export settings. You can disable 'Summarized data' and 'Underlying data' here.

2. In Power BI Desktop:
- Go to the 'File' menu and then 'Options and settings'.
- Click on 'Options'.
- In the 'Options' window, go to the 'Report settings' tab.
- You'll see options under 'Export data from Power BI Desktop'. You can adjust these settings to restrict the data export options.

Please note that these settings may also depend on the permissions given by the Power BI Admin within your organization, as there are tenant-level settings that can restrict data export options as well. If you're not able to change these settings, you may need to contact your Power BI Administrator.

Keep in mind that changes made in Power BI Service settings will only apply to the service, and similar settings in Power BI Desktop will apply only when reports are viewed in Desktop. These settings are report-specific, so you'll need to configure them for each report where you want to limit the export options.

Hi, thank you for youre reply.

The problem is that is that there is no option where i only can disable summarized. I can only disable all options of export and not only summarized. 

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kellef

You can disable underlying exporting.
Summarized data unfortunately no.

All options that we have are in the attached picture.
(The modifications come from power bi desktop >> options and settings >>options >>current file)

Ritaf1983_0-1712942931565.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Sorry, this is not what im looking for. Im trying to disable the option summarized data export. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.