Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SebastianLM
Helper I
Helper I

Discrete line chart

Hey guys,

I'd like to know if there is a way to show a discrete line chart by axis and not only by values, I mean something similar to what Tableau does:

Tableau:

tableau.PNG

Power BI:

Power BI.PNG

If you see the yellow highlighted line is not a real increment, it is just a change in one of the X axis: "DROGUERIAS ATLANTICO" to "DROGUERIAS C/MARCA".

I need to hide this comunication line and leave it like Tableau is showing the data and if we could put a line between them would be great!

Thanks in advanced! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Anonymous, I already have the latest release but still seems to allow more than one value only if you don't add a legend. Anyway I "solve" this adding NULL values in the dataset and telling the visual to show data with no values in the measure. Hope this feature get implemented soon, is pretty usefull. 

Thanks for all the support guys!

Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
lousegers
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @SebastianLM ,

I seem to have missed the party.

Line chart x-axes do now support both linear as categorical values. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SebastianLM This feature is now in the August release, you should try updating PowerBI and try making it now.

Hello @Anonymous, I already have the latest release but still seems to allow more than one value only if you don't add a legend. Anyway I "solve" this adding NULL values in the dataset and telling the visual to show data with no values in the measure. Hope this feature get implemented soon, is pretty usefull. 

Thanks for all the support guys!

Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SebastianLM  you have to create 2 seperate charts for this. Power BI does not do this similar to Tableau unfortunately.

But the problem here is that sometimes it has more than 2 values. Well if this is not possible I think I'd need to find a workarround using R. Once I got it I'll post it here.

Thanks anyway.

Hi @SebastianLM,

Maybe you can create two separate measures, one for DROGUERIAS ATLANTICO and another for DROGUERIAS C/MARCA.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi again @v-yulgu-msft,

I tried to manually create one especific measure for each value in MERCADO (the filed that contains DROGUERIAS  ETC), but now I only can add them in the visual if I don't use a legend, this is frustrating, do you know any workaround for this? I mean a line chart with multiple values and using legends as well

Well, as I said  before, there are more than ATLANTICO and C/MARCA, and it is not usable to create a different viz to each value, but thanks anyways.

In fact if someone know the correct way to do it with an R viz I'll apreciate it, or if ther is an special R forum to discuss this, please let me know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.