Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mhumpher

Direct Query with Calculation Groups

I have a composite model that I'm adding calculation group to. It includes a fact table of sales which includes an application submission date and a paid date. Alongside this I have a date table which are related. I've added a calculation group that can switch between using the submission date and the paid date to calculate measures. I also have a date aggregation calculation group that looks at dates weekly, monthly and on a rolling 4 week. 

If I do not filter the data by anything else, I can use both calculation groups and I get a full set of data. When I add a filter, for example on product in another dimension table, suddenly the visual only gives me a partial set of data. If I remove the date aggregations calculation group and keep the filter, I get a full set of data again. 

When I compare the queries generated from the Performance Analyzer, the main difference is that the DirectQuery section with the date aggregation creates a variable with a seemingly arbitrary list of date from the date table.

How can I prevent or work around this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mhumpher , date aggregations mean grouping data by date, try not to use date hierarchy. 

if date aggregations mean implicit measure sum of date, without measure, that will not work well with calculation group

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mhumpher , date aggregations mean grouping data by date, try not to use date hierarchy. 

if date aggregations mean implicit measure sum of date, without measure, that will not work well with calculation group

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.