Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

planc7
Frequent Visitor

Deactivate "editing option " when a column is selected

Hi all,

I'm facing a really annoying problem when I go through calculated column within a table: it seems that i need every time to press X button (to deactivate one when is selected), otherwise I would face the risk to overwrite that column to some others. (easier to see than explaining )

For example, when i select Actual/Planned column, I'm activating the editing option in formula bar

planc7_0-1711622609394.png

and if i wouldn't press the X, if i try to select another column it results in this error

planc7_1-1711622640284.png

Is there any option button that allows to move from one column to another without pressing X?

Thank you,

Luca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @planc7

Thank you for your prompt reply. @Syk

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @planc7 

This is a known issue and will be fixed by the May release of PBI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @planc7

Thank you for your prompt reply. @Syk

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

planc7
Frequent Visitor

No, it's a problem that I encounter regardless multiple tables. But it's just a matter of navigation within a table ... Here a fake model with only one table and 3 columns ..

planc7_0-1711626664235.png

If a try to move from 1st Calculated Column to 2nd (without pressing the X button on formula bar), this error pops up. Really frustrating

planc7_1-1711626711838.png

Ahh! Going from calculated column to calculated column does bring up that error. It seems to be a bug since it doesn't happen in the model view or report view.

I don't have a solution for you as I rarely use the table view multiple calculated columns. I create most of my calculated columns in Power Query which may help you reduce the frequency that this happens.

planc7
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it seems to be a bug. But I need to have calculated columns .. really frustrating

Syk
Super User
Super User

Do you have multiple tables? From your column, its referencing 'NewMod Gates' and the error specifies the 'Key TEST' table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.