Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

HugoFrauches
Regular Visitor

Dataset transform are empty

Hello everyone,

Currently i have connected to a dataset hosted on powerBi service, after working around to enable DirectQuery to datasets on the desktop version i was able to click on the Transform button, but when i ry to transform the data there is no queries (Screenshot), i can see the tables on the Desktop app but there isnt query on Transform Data.

dataset.png

There is any workaround to do it? Do i need to transform the dataset to a dataflow to make it?

3 REPLIES 3
HugoFrauches
Regular Visitor

Hello Amit,

Thank you for the reply, there is any other way to transform this data? Should i consume this data on a AzureSQL or other solution?

I have the same problem as you. What I have done is export the data with DAX to an excel and upload it back to a Power BI to be able to transform the data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@HugoFrauches , seem like by design
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/directquery-for-power-bi-datasets-and-azure-analysis-servic...
"The connection to a Power BI dataset will not be shown in Power Query."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.