Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RidaKhan

Dashboard auto refresh not working in Power bi report server

I am using power bi report server for on premises hosting . For that I am using power desktop RS . There are 3 issues : 1. I can't find APR(auto page refresh) in Power bi desktop RS . I have to refresh manually by pressing the refresh button . 2. After publishing report to my dashboard, I set scheduled refresh . The scheduled refresh is triggering  and working fine ( I checked the refresh history ) but my dashboard is not updating automatically . I have to press refresh button manually . 3.if above issues get resolved then  I want to make dashboard of real time dataset , but scheduled refresh at PBIRS support minimun refresh of 1min .. I need to refresh in seconds.  These issues are making my work so cumbersome and frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

1. APR is only possible with Direct Query data sources.

2. Reports and Dashboards are different things. Dashboard can auto update if the underlying semantic model has been refreshed successfully - at least that's how they work on the Power BI Service.  I don't think RS supports that?

3. Real Time datasets are an entirely different thing, and are only supported on the Power BI Service, I think.

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

1. APR is only possible with Direct Query data sources.

2. Reports and Dashboards are different things. Dashboard can auto update if the underlying semantic model has been refreshed successfully - at least that's how they work on the Power BI Service.  I don't think RS supports that?

3. Real Time datasets are an entirely different thing, and are only supported on the Power BI Service, I think.

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.