Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX Statement for current year only

I have dashboard built off underlying excel spreadsheets which have ytd expenditures and forecasted expenditures future month expenditures.  I have pulled this into a table that also includes 2018 actuals.  I'm trying to create a dax measure that calculates the sum of expenditures only for the current year.  I have the following formula, which works, but I'm prefer it to be dynamic, so next year I don't have to re-write it for the following year's dates

[Calculated Expenditures and Forecast] = sum of my expenditures and forecast column

2019 Year-End Forecasted Expenditures = CALCULATE([Calculated Expenditures and Forecast], DATESBETWEEN('Expenditure/Forecast and Budget'[Date], date(2019,1,1), date(2019,12,31)))

Thanks in advance! 
1 REPLY 1
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

There are many ways to specify the current year. One way is to use the values of your date dimension table in the year colume with a measure like: 

DimDate[Year]) = YEAR(TODAY())
You can also use the DAX for  Start of Year:
STARTOFYEAR(<dates>)
and End of Year:
ENDOFYEAR(<dates> [,<year_end_date>])
Use these in your formula to calculate the appropriate start and end points to create a dynamic calculation.
Resources:

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.