Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Custom Tooltip for Filter Card?

Hi Power BI Community,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to customize the on hover/tooltip text when you hover over a filter card in the new right-side filter pane?  One of m peers just noticed this today and was a little confused at first because of the table name included in the auto-hover over text on the filter card on Power BI Service and was wondering if there was a way to make it more straight forward or just be the field name/other developer-created custom text?

Screenshot below:

Filter Card Hover.png

Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AndrewLGoldman it is not possible at this point and I don't think there is an alternate solution for it. 

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AndrewLGoldman it is not possible at this point and I don't think there is an alternate solution for it. 

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Thanks both for the quick replies!  In case anyone hits this post again in the future, I just put an idea out there as well in case there's ever enough interest!

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/40168276-customizable-tooltip-on-...

@AndrewLGoldman well done!

danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

I would suggest if you are to make the data model truly self service, that you remove underlying table names and simplify where possible.  The tooltip is there to help you see where the field is derived from and currently has no customisation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.