Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HaiVN
Helper I
Helper I

Custom Themes

Hello community,

I am importing a json thema to my Power BI report and It shows message: '#/ must NOT have additional properties (additionalProperties; matching schema #/additionalProperties)'. I am wondering if some one has the same problem and how can I can fix it? 

I have read this"Solved: Re: Custom themes are broken - Microsoft Fabric Community" , and I have fixed several bugs, but I do not understand what are the problems with 'title' and 'header'

HaiVN_0-1713885363137.png

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HaiVN ,
Based on the information you provided, the error you encountered when importing JSON topics in Power BI, "#/ must NOT have additional properties (additionalProperties; matching schema #/ additionalProperties)" indicates that there is a problem with the JSON structure you are trying to import. additionalProperties)" indicates that there is a problem with the JSON structure you are trying to import. Specifically, the error message states that "title" and "header" must NOT have additional properties and that the matching schema (additionalProperties; matching schema #/additionalProperties) for "title" and "header" is the same as the one for "additionalProperties". " matching schema.
To resolve this issue, you need to make sure that the "title" and "header" in your JSON data do not have additional properties beyond those defined by your schema. If you are using a specific schema or data model that defines these as keys, then they should only contain attributes that are allowed by that schema.
For example, if your schema specifies that "title" can only have "fontSize", "fontFace" and " color" as attributes, then adding any other attributes to "title" in your JSON will result in an error. The same is true for "header".
Please check that your JSON data matches your schema and remove any extra attributes from the "title" and "header". Once you have corrected the JSON, you should be able to successfully import it into Power BI without receiving this error message.
You can try to find the code that specifies these tags so that you know the format of the code.

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi,
Thank you for your answer! I have checked the json file and it is ok. I tried to delete these two lines and it works. I do not what is the meaning of these two lines

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Did you use one of the online theme generators to create your json? I have found those to be very helpful and haven't ever received an error from it them.

themes.pbix - PowerBI Theme Generator by POINT. Consulting GmbH (point-gmbh.com)

PowerBI.tips

BIBB | Power BI Theme Generator

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello,
@audreygerred  the. json file was created by one about 2 years ago and I do not know how he made it! I would like to reuse this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.