Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

IBI

Cumulative Multiple Date

Hi all,

I need to display in a line chart 2 cumulative lines representing the running total of documents from the table "A" and "B".

IBI_0-1713910198044.png

Here the expected output. Specifically I am not sure how to manage the dates in X axis (If I use the DATE from Table A the Running Tot of Documents from table B will be a flat line)

IBI_1-1713910357019.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IBI ,

Did @vicky_  and @VahidDM  response solve your problem? If solved please mark the helpful answer as a solution and he will help more users, if not please point it out.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

vicky_
Super User
Super User

Create a date table, and use that as your x-axis.
Also - double check that both of your dates in Table A and Table B are actually date type - normally a flat line shouldn't happen even if you join on a column with missing dates.

Hi @vicky_ 

Yes this makes sense however how can I then include a filter that would enable to filter the information based on the "Datasource" field? If I establish a relationship between the 2 tables using this field it does not work (inactive relationship)

IBI_0-1713912257410.png

IBI_1-1713912304444.png

Thanks

Hi @IBI 

Create another dimension table for DATASOURCE and connect that same as Date table and use it to filter tables.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | YouTube 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.