Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

powerbiga123321

Cumulative Forecast

Hello!

I've been trying to create a line and column chart with dates actual costs and forecast. I need to show the line data as cumulative data so i entered this dax formula:

Act Fct Cumulative =

CALCULATE(

SUM(Sheet3[ Value 1]),

FILTER(

ALLSELECTED (Sheet3) ,

Sheet3[Attribute] ‹= MAX(Sheet3[Attribute])

)

)

This code has been working well. Now what im trying to add to the same cumulative line is the forecast "dotted line" I need the dotted line to start at our current date so in October onwards. Is there a code you guys know that i can use on the same data set (Act Fct Cumulative)

The actual and forecast have to be and are on the same line in the excel sheet, so the actual costs are the months prior and from October these are forecasts numbers.

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbiga123321 

I think you want to create an intelligence forecast line in line and cluster column chart. Power BI doesn't support you to use Analytics pane in line and cluster column chart. 

For reference:Considerations and limitations

Lastly, you can't currently apply any dynamic lines to many visuals, including (but not limited to):

• Funnel
  • Line and clustered column chart
  • Line and stacked column chart
  • Ribbon chart
  • Non-Cartesian visuals, such as Donut chart, Gauge, Matrix, Pie chart, and Table

Here I suggest you to add forecast line in line chart. 

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sv00001
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I wanted implement the same solution for my requirement but I dont see the forecast line in the analytics pane for the same line chart.

I have used date and my cumulative measure in the line chart.

Can I know why i dont see the forecast line and help me with this 

sv00001_0-1706505283175.png

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbiga123321 

I think you want to create an intelligence forecast line in line and cluster column chart. Power BI doesn't support you to use Analytics pane in line and cluster column chart. 

For reference:Considerations and limitations

Lastly, you can't currently apply any dynamic lines to many visuals, including (but not limited to):

• Funnel
  • Line and clustered column chart
  • Line and stacked column chart
  • Ribbon chart
  • Non-Cartesian visuals, such as Donut chart, Gauge, Matrix, Pie chart, and Table

Here I suggest you to add forecast line in line chart. 

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.