Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

swallia23
Frequent Visitor

Create a bar chart that shows total number of active tickets (Month to Month)

The Goal:  I need to be able to show a bar chart of what the total number of active tickets (month-to-month).

• I figured out how to show the total number of 'opened' and 'closed' tickets for each month.
  • I figured out how to show the total number of 'open' tickets for the current month.
  • But, I can't figure out how to show what the total number of open tickets at the end of each month on a month-to-month bar chart.

In my DATES table, I have created a BOM (Beginning of month) and a EOM (End of month) measure (with some help).  The theory is that if I can calculate the difference with the number of opened tickets at the beginning and end of each month, this should give me the number I'm looking for.  But, I'm not experienced enough to figure this out.  Someone did give me the below query as a starting point, but I can't get it to work since I'm not understanding the syntax. 

EOM_open = COUNTROWS(FILTER(all(new_Tickets),MAX(Dates[EOM])>MAX(new_Tickets[Date Submitted]) && MAX(Dates[EOM])<MAX(new_Tickets[Date Closed])))

As you can see below, the total current number of 'open' (not opened) tickets is 301.  I have the total number of 'opened' and 'closed' tickets monthly. 

Any help would be more than appreciated.

swallia23_0-1716051086602.png

swallia23_1-1716051133001.png

Thanks again, Joe

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share data in a format that can be pasted in an MS Excel file.  Show the expected result in a Table format very clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@swallia23 Sounds like Open Tickets: Open Tickets - Microsoft Fabric Community

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler thanks, i'm checking your solution now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.